Taxonomy Management Tools - Mondeca
Terminology, Thesaurus, Taxonomy, Metadata dictionary and e-Catalog Management with the ITM Software tools
As organizations strive to improve integration, retrieval, and reuse of their information, complex knowledge structures such as taxonomies and ontologies play an increasingly important role. ITM supports the management of complex knowledge structures throughout their lifecycle, from authoring to delivery. As a result, knowledge representations can be created and maintained more efficiently, as well as used more effectively to classify, federate, and inter-link information:
· Collaboratively author, maintain, and distribute metadata, terminologies, thesauri, taxonomies, ontologies, and knowledge bases
· Organize knowledge based on both proprietary and standard representations
· Increase interoperability by aligning and merging multiple thesauri, taxonomies, and ontologies
· Access information from multiple sources in a unified way
· Improve search and navigation through annotation, faceted browsing, and cross-linking
ITM can be either used independently to store and manage complex domain-specific knowledge structures, or as a service that enhances enterprise search, knowledge discovery, and text mining solutions.
· User-friendly knowledge base authoring: Generates data forms based on the desired ontology models.
· Web-based application: ITM user interfaces can be accessed from any major Web browser without any installation. ITM server can be either installed on-site or hosted by Mondeca.
· Alignment and merge: Supports alignment and merge of heterogeneous knowledge representations.
· Rules engine: Built-in rules engine for reasoning, such as inference and validation.
· Multilingual support: Allows to manage and synchronize knowledge representations in multiple languages.
· Top standards support: Compliance with the widely used semantic standards for better data interoperability: RDF, SKOS, OWL.
· Semantic service provider: Seamless export of semantic resources to search, text mining, and content management tools via a Web service API and triple-store synchronization.